Friday 24 October 2014

Book review - Murder of Roger Ackroyd - Agatha Christie

This was a much raved book among the book circles. I was recently in a detective phase. And I found that I have not read this one!
Time to march into your phone and order it!
Done!
And finally I have read it too!
So, how was it?
It was good.
This is a Hercule Poirot novel.
The detective is living in retirement and he is scooped out of it for this murder.
The book goes in every mysterious way possible. The plot was not too difficult to understand and this made reading easier.
And finally when the murderer was found out, it seemed so easy!
For me, I had a  sleepless night with this book. I started it late in the evening and the plot was working overtime in my mind even when I was sleeping. I really had thousand and one possibilities lurking in my mind.
Now the ending may seem a bit irrational for some.
But having read another book by Agatha Christie, which ends similarly, I guessed the killer within few pages.
And saying as merely as a summary of this book might be a spoiler.
So I leave it to the readers to decide.
But one should not miss this book.

Totally an awesome read.
Personally I found it an enchanting one, but I guess I liked And then there were none better.
Rating: 9.5/10

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I have written a short novel: 'The Archers Revenge' which is a Crime Fiction/Action Thriller. You can find the blurb here: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KO95UQ6

    I saw you have written many good book reviews in your blog. If you want to read and give a honest review of my novel, please visit my blog (www.destinationinfinity.org) and send me a message using the 'Contact Form'. I will send either the ePub/Amazon eBook, or the paperback book, as per your preference.

    ReplyDelete