Tuesday 30 December 2014

A Visitor comes alive in Melbourne

I could feel my feet pressing against the sand. The sand feels warm and I could feel the warmth spreading to the whole of my body and also to my soul.
I brushed away the hair that was hiding my eyes and looked up into the sky. The sun was shining brightly and the clouds all around it gave a picturesque view. I stored the memory in my brain and I wanted to sketch it later.
The wind was blowing gently, giving away cool air amidst the hot atmosphere. I rolled up my beige pants up to my knees and I spread both my arms and smelled the breeze and entered the water. When the waves touched my feet, it felt as though it was dragging me towards it.
Everything felt different! Of course, it would!
Everything around was so new! Of course it would!
Now, let me introduce myself.
I am Tasha. Tasha Beckeay. I am coming from a different planet, Nadod. That is the name of my planet.
My planet is a beautiful one, where you wish for anything and you get it. There is no land. It is a water planet. That was the first time I saw a land. It felt nice to use the legs for walking too. I thought the best thing I could was swim. Now, I can walk too!
All thanks to Hura, sarcastically. He is the person I am searching for. You may want to know him, but you don't have to. He is the best person in our planet and he is my boy friend. We had a fight and he escaped into the timeline. I saw that he had entered this world here and I have come here to look for him.
From the future.
Don't ask me where is my planet, because you will not be able to relate to it. May be I will tell you later, if you ask me.
Now, I am here. Read on to know my story.
The beach looked wonderful to look at. All I wanted to do then, was to lie down in a corner and watch the waves hitting the shores all day and night. There was something mystical to it.
I had come here to Melbourne.
Everything felt alien to me, yet you will call me the alien. We aliens are not like you people imagine us to be. We look and act the same way as you all.
I came here before two days and got a job at a local cafe. There were innumerable number of cafe outlets there and i had been finding it difficult to go to my work place.
It was my day-off that day. The owner, Mr.Kevin was a sixty year old man and he was kind enough to give me a job inspire of my weird answers.  He had asked me to visit that particular site as I was new. His suggestion seemef good.
I returned to my apartment. I bought that place from my hard earned money from my planet. Before getting into the timeline, I converted all my money to your earth's money.
The next day dawned and I woke up energized. I had to start looking for my Hura. He must be there and I felt it.
That day was my day off too and I wanted to explore a little before going to work the next day.
I had always been an art fan and as per my boss Mr.Kevin's suggestion, I was going to Ian Potter Center at Federation Square. Mr.Kevin had splendid taste.
I thoroughly enjoyed the hours I spent there. But no Hura.
The  I was traveling in a tram. It felt good to sit in the tram and roam the city. But no Hura.
The evening was approaching. Where should I go? That was my thought then.
As I was thinking, my eyes fell on something in the street. I got down from the tram and looked at the various street art happening right in front of my eyes.
It was hugely different from the art I saw earlier. But I liked that one too. It gave everyone a freedom of expression, didn't  it? I stood there for some time, before I realized that I should be looking for Hura!
I went to one of the riverside bars and from my view, I was able to enjoy the serene Yarra river.
The sun was about to set and the river looked wonderful. I scanned the faces for Hura, but no sight of him.
The day had gone off in a jiffy and I didn't even realize it.
The next day morning,  I was huffing and puffing as I was been walking at a lightening speed. I was late for work and it was just my third day.
I entered the cafe and I was afraid that Mr.Kevin would scold me. But he beckoned me to sit on a stool and gave me my morning breakfast. How wonderful he was!
I finished it soon and started my duties for the day. The breakfast rush had disappeared and I sat over a chair and placed my head on the table. I felt so tired. After an entire day touring the city, I should be.
Kevin sat opposite to me and started reading his daily paper. I scanned the paper ( yes, I can read your language too) and spotted a familiar name there. The news read,  Melbourne is the most livable city in the world.
On seeing my gaze, Mr.Kevin said it had been for some years now. And he said he was proud to be one of its citizens.
The most livable city! And I was sure I would find Hura there and take him back.
After work that day, I went to the Melbourne Museum. It was interesting to know about the city and its people. I was living there and I should know about it,right?
I went for some shopping too and I bought things for Hura.
Hura would be pleased. He must be!
The rest of the week went in work and scanning crowds for Hura. Till then, no sight of him. Where was he?
Do you know? No. It is not possible. You have not even seen him once! But you will try, won't you?
The weekend arrived with the festive mood for me. Those two days I was going to spend some time away from the city.
I went to the Yarra valley.
I went to a Vineyard now. The wine tasting was excellent, though I think I am not an expert. I just followed the instructions said to me and it was tasty.
When I go back I am getting some bottles of these.
And then I went to a wildlife sanctuary, where I saw the playful koala and kangaroos. It was my first time seeing different species of animals and Koala didn't let me down.
I spent the night lying down on the mud at a beach and spent my time starring at the stars.
I had forgotten about Hura the whole day. I was so immersed in the world around that I forgot about my world.
The next day, I went to the Philip Island Nature Park where I saw the animal with the black coat, the Penguin. Their gait was funny and the way they played with each other was so adorable.
I also went to a chocolate factory, where I tasted lots and lots of sweets. I prayed that it shouldn't add up to my calories.
I slept peacefully that day and I had not thought about Hura the whole day!
It was very early in the morning when I woke up. I realized that i had plenty of time before when I should go for duty.
I was lying awake in my bed.
I liked this city very much. I couldn't fond my Hura anywhere. So, I decided that I will stay there as long as possible and only when if he comes in search of me, I will go with him.
Seeing my worried face for some days, Mr.Kevin presented me with two tickets for a cricket match.
I went to the MCG to witness the final match between India and Australia. I had seen some matches before and I really love this game.
I was sitting in a seat and I was getting into the match mood along with the thousands sitting and standing there.
The nearby seat was empty. I was watching the match intently. I was following the ball's movement towards my left side, when a kid caught it and went red in the face. That is when I noticed that it was occupied.
And I saw him.
Hura was sitting there, looking at me with his mouth half open.
We hugged and the crowd cheered for the winning team.
When I was roaming around the city, I found this Tourism Victoria Website useful. you can visit it at http://www.visitmelbourne.com/India.aspx


You can participate in the following contest. Just answer a simple question and you can win 500 rupees worth gift voucher. The winner will be chosen by me. The last date for you to answer is Jan 4th, 2015.

Which of these places would you want to visit in Melbourne and why?
Answer in the comments section and win a voucher.


And the winner of the contest is 
SHANTI SHANMUGAM

Congrats Shanti! You will get your voucher soon!

31 comments:

  1. Nice Article. I have visited the link you have pasted and i must say that i have some places i wish to see. First would be to visit the national park to watch the penguins play. They are adorable creatures and you can't get to see them anywhere and everywhere. Next would be the Melbourne Cricket Ground, the MCG. I saw in the link a video about Dhoni playing at MCG. I am a fan of his and as he had retired from test cricket yesterday, i guess MCG stormed it's way here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good choice! Who would miss the penguins!

      Delete
    2. And the favourite place of that alien in the story is MCG too. She met her Hura there. :)

      Delete
    3. Ya. It must be! Nice finish! combining a story with a place description.

      Delete
    4. Thanks for reading the post cum story! :)

      Delete
    5. Congrats! You are the winner of the contest!

      Delete
    6. When can i expect the voucher?

      Delete
    7. You should be getting it any time now! :-)

      Delete
  2. Great post! After reading your post & watching all the videos, I'd most like to visit the Dandenong Ranges for it's scenic beauty, breathtaking view and cool breeze blowing through my hair. :P I'd give anything away for driving through the winding roads which are present throughout the ranges. I'd love to stay at one of the bed and breakfast cottages and go on frequent excursions in the forests with my camera which provides excellent views. And not to forget the famous ride in the Puffing Billy, a day reserved especially for that. To add to that, there are also several picnic spots for me and my friends to spend a fun-filled day and the ranges are a perfect spot for hiking and cycling.

    Wish you and your blog a happy new year! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u :)
      A day reserved for Puffing Billy alone is awesome!!

      Delete
  3. Interesting Post
    After reading your post and watching all the videos
    I feel I have stepped into a kaleidoscope called Melbourne
    Where Vistas of experiences would unfold one after another
    The nature lover in me is enticed by the thought of watching the penguin parade.
    Traveling though the great ocean road, soaking up the freshness as the breeze ruffles my hair gets me in the mood to pack my bags for Melbourne.
    But before I can move ,Puffing Billy whistles and invites me for a ride. The kid in me jumps with joy at the thought of visiting Pannys Phillip Island Chocolate Factory
    Even before I can deside on the list of places that I would like to see in and around Melbourne.
    What’s that noise that I hear ?
    Oh its loud cheer from MCG as the cricket world cup 2015 is about to kick start.
    So many plces to see and so much to do.
    I am thetimetraveler ( http://goo.gl/wdXDzu ) and I have decided … Melbourne here I come ( http://goo.gl/RvUCQf ).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u:)
      I guess you have the whole Melbourne package in your kit!

      Delete
  4. Thank u:)
    Gold-Wine-Chocolate!
    Wonderful way to proceed!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Luv d way d story was narrated!!!
    Itz sooo sweet nd gud!!!!
    I lik tu visit PHILIP island, reasn is so simple i luv penguins but havn't seen one!!!!!
    Nd sure vil.dine!!!!!
    Keep.going!!!!!
    Ma best wishes fa u!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mal :)
      Philip Island! You will go there one day!

      Delete
  6. Hey! your post made me relive the awesome time I recently had in Melbourne. Though I truly fell in love with this beautiful city, if I have to choose a place to go back to, or your could say, what I miss most about Melbourne – it would have to be Philip Island. It started with a rather logn wait in the chilly wind on the beach, but all that shivering under layers of warm clothing actually paid off manifold when we heard the first clack-clacks of the little penguins (yes, you can actually hear them before you can see them). And after a few minutes, there were flocks of them coming out of the water! What a sight it was. By this time, the cold was forgotten,and we rushed to the boardwalk running along their burrow grounds, and there, you can see them at touching distance (though touching them is not allowed – they bite!). It was such a pleasure watching these tiny creatures trottign along that I wish to see this sight again and again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting:)
      Philip Island is a great choice! And I hope your wish to see it again comes true! All the best for it!

      Delete
  7. Thanks for visiting! The Great Barrier reef? Certainly a different and interesting choice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to visit the Yarra valley with all its delicious wine tastings, rolling hills and natural beauty! Thanks for sharing so many lovely things about Melbourne and helping me virtually travel there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting:)
      Yes. Yarra valley does sound as a great choice!

      Delete
  9. Most people try to go to the markets and the malls that will be last on my priority list when I am visiting Melbourne. There will certainly be a large dose of nature and a yet larger dose of interacting with the art that the city nurtures and nourishes.

    For this reason, I will opt for going up the Eureka Skydeck and a walk along the Yarra.

    Obviously, the advantages to me will be...
    1. Watching a city from the top will be a novel experience.
    2. Having conversations with the public art installations will kindle the artist within me.
    3. I will have enough opportunity to observe people in candid stances and so will be able to click some really great shots.

    Arvind Passey
    www.passey.info

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading the post!
      All the three options does look as unique!

      Delete
  10. Thanks for reading the post!
    Happy New Year to you too! Hope you achieve your dream of swimming with the wonderful creatures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for visiting! The bird's eye view sounds thrilling!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The winner of the contest is Shanti Shanmugam!
    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shanti.. Can you give me your email id, so that the organizers can send you the vouchers? i am unable to access it through your profile. can you mail me or reply the id?

      Delete
    2. sorry! i am relatively new here. my mail id would be theonlyshantha@gmail.com

      Delete
    3. Thank u Shanti. You will get by your voucher soon.

      Delete
    4. *You will get your voucher soon

      Delete