Tuesday 30 August 2022

Always enchanting!

The evening, the end of the day
Was fast approaching. 
A palette of pale pink and blue,
Formed an enchanting sight to hold
Up there in the sky for everyone to see.

Looking at it brought in a calm
Which brought along happiness.
From the moving car,
I tried to memorise the scene
As much as possible 
Before it could disappear forever.

The rain that started along
Made me pray for delay of the darkness 
The shower brought along the earthy smell
That formed a shield around the serenity
That was there that evening 

To make that last forever,
What can I do?
It looked like it wanted to be
There forever too.
The speed of the car didn't slow down 
And the darkness was intimating
It's arrival by throwing in a purple hue.

A hopeless feeling engulf me
I crane my neck to look at the 
Departing sky amid the animosity.
And finally, 
The darkness set in and the rain stopped.
Without a meaningful Goodbye,
The sky lost an admirer.
And I, who could have never said
A Bye, sat in the moving car.
The silence was deafening 
And was reminding me of the departed.

Back to the darkness that will
Be the company for a while.
And with a hope of finding the 
Sight again, I kept going.

No comments:

Post a Comment