Saturday 23 January 2016

Blasting Music. Blog Marathon #6

The sky was a clear one. No one would have expected a downpour from such a serene looking cloudless sky. But, only from such unexpected circumstances, we get many surprising events.

The sky turned a deep blue, then grey, then demonish grey. The rain started as a slow drizzle, followed by a soft pour and heavy one. The rain poured as a sheet of water from heaven. It did not alter its course or hesitate to change its course.

All the windows started closing one by one. And the pedestrians who were till then walking leisurely, started going in search of places to take shelter and shield them away from the rain. Within a matter of few minutes, the whole placed looked anew. The picture could be included in a 'before' and 'after' comparison pic for afforestation. The place has completely changed.

The air-conditioning in the car felt a lot chiller. The rain was splashing against the window and the rain drops looked like a photo shopped portrait on the glass.

The wiper was beating against the splashing rain and the car was zooming past many vehicles which had become sloth like because of rain.

I was at the wheel, and my hands gripped the wheel tight.

I pressed my right foot on the accelerator after shifting to full gear. The car moved at a great speed and I eased through different types of two, three, four and six wheeled vehicles.

The music was blasting at full speed. The music that was playing was a soft melodic number.
The melody and rain are a couple that makes all other couples awe with jealousy. They are more compatible with each other than with anyone else.
And I was at a place enjoying the romance of the two. With my mouth trying to sing(yes, sing! and not read!) the lyrics in the same time, I drove forward. I have been driving for a long time.

Song after song played and the rain finally stopped. I switched off the air conditioner and opened the window and let the chill air circulate in. The wind rippled through my hair and it started a slow dance rhyming to the tune playing from the car stereo.

The wind slowed down and my hair stopped dancing. It needed a little more beat to make it shake its leg again. I changed genre along with gear, and the drums roared across the road.
I ignored the passersby, who looked at me as if I had no head.

I had no care in the world and with music playing, I swept past those people and when my favourite lyric came, the time slowed down and the music entered my heart little by little and made it the happiest eternally.

And at the sudden height of happiness, I woke up from my sleep, with music blasting in my ears..

#music

This blog post is inspired by the blogging marathon hosted on IndiBlogger for the launch of the #Fantastico Zica from Tata Motors. You can apply for a test drive of the hatchback Zica today.

No comments:

Post a Comment