Saturday 23 January 2016

Rags and Riches. Blog Marathon #7

Travelling is always wonderful. By travelling a lot, you get to know a lot of people, a lot of cultures, a lot of cuisines.
Also, you get to know a lot about yourself and that too in most mysterious ways possible in humanity.
We tend to travel through many ways and in that, public transport is one.
Public transportation is totally a lot different from the other types. It is more economical and we also tend to do a hidden service to the society and the atmosphere, by not taking our own vehicles and adding more monoxides.
But, you can never rely on it to appear for a 10AM interview on time, if you are going to wait for your bus at 9.50AM. It is wiser to make plans accordingly.
I was a person who had never travelled in local buses, a lot, for many years. But, as change comes constantly to each and every part of our human mind and body, I too faced a duration of time, when I had to travel a lot through bus.
Initially, I was stressing out, sitting at the seat corner, trying to judge the distance for my destination and my current station. After having familiarized with the common routes, I usually sat peacefully and enjoyed the routine happenings that my window could show.
It acted as a frame for the events.
And the frame usually held different portrayals each time. Sometimes, it showed something really spectacular and out of the ordinary that it would make a great impact on you and will make you think. Not that we don't think, but it would be great if something or the other reminds us of the responsibilities we have on earth once in a while.
Buses stop once in a while, for a short while, and if situations demand, for a long time.
As a passenger in a bus which has stopped because of traffic and if the traffic looks like as if it is going to last for a hour, it is a tough task to pass time. If you are on for an urgent work, heavens bless you! But, if you have hoped on the bus just because you are going to a far off place to kill your boredom, you have nothing to worry other than the annoying co-passenger, who has foregone his lonesome earthly worries and gone to sleep and indicating that to the world with his heavy snoring!
And my bus happened to stop near a metro station.
The station looked clean and serene. Passengers with clean shoes and well pressed clothes were going to and fro. It felt good to see the shiny walls reflecting the sunlight. For a city to have a metro station, it is good.
While I was admiring the station, the fate decided to curb it short, and the bus moved forward a bit. I tried to pry further at the station by turning my neck. But I was only  able to look at a middle aged lady with a big bindi and a stern look looking at me as if I had lost my mind. So, trying not to get more attention from the sweet lady, I looked at my window and vowed myself to be content with what is available.
But the scene which flowed through the window was the least expected. It was totally the opposite of the sight I was admiring a few minutes back.
The area was a slum area and there was a pile of garbage just adjacent to the wall of the great metro station.
It was like an oxymoron!
If there was money to clean the area and build a great station, which was useful to very few, then why not clean the nearby area and provide a good garbage disposal method.
But, only great things come to our mind at the time of casting our vote and the government does only those things which will be in our mind.
It had a great impact on me and the things that came to my mind afterward made me realise many others.
#impact

This blog post is inspired by the blogging marathon hosted on IndiBlogger for the launch of the #Fantastico Zica from Tata Motors. You can apply for a test drive of the hatchback Zica today.

No comments:

Post a Comment