Thursday 10 October 2019

Potato Chips

Change is the only constant.
Me, looking for a non existent pack of potato chips at 1 am in the morning has been a constant forever.
Why am I like this? My inner self, who secretly wishes for a glass skin asks me.
What am I going to flaunt that skin for when I can't have the crispy goodness once in a while?
Sacrifice one to achieve another, the walls seem to echo. You all mind your own business Walls. You have only ears. You don't have taste buds and you can never appreciate the taste of potato chips. You are doomed to hear only the crunchy sound it makes. Walls drop some tears and stopped me from my journey towards glass skin. Wait, how did they cry when they have only ears?
Never mind.
The room is wide and white and yet, when the clock strikes past 12, I am afraid to take a step away from the confines of my cot and the mess I have created around it. My bag that lies on the floor is the border that I refuse to cross at night even when my bladder threatens to destroy me.
But hunger surpasses fear in the test which was supervised by people with 30 bmi. BMI 30 or not, my hunger took me to the heavens, sorry, kitchen. May be water is my food for the day. Hydrogen and Oxygen can be my raita and brinji.
I switch off the lights and, I was about to clos e my eyes, fearing that Annabelle will be coming for my Raita and Brinji anytime. But before my Raita could be snatched by Annabelle (Annabelle, you have super powers. Go for Biriyani. Leave my Raita alone!), my sharp eyes fell on something shiny that was being reflected by the lights from the corridor. Thanks to the next-door neighbour, who always forgets to switch off the light, I found my Holy grail.
The End.
Where are you going? What is the Holy Grail?
My hands and mouth full with Murukku, I use my eyes to reply. I am not a wall, you see.

No comments:

Post a Comment