Friday 5 March 2021

Happiness

The most difficult thing is,
Convincing myself,
To sleep an extra hour.

To spend a minute staring at the tree,
That has always been there. 

To find a place to let out the tears, 
Without hurting anyone else.

To close my eyes at night,
Without worrying about the day I have to wake up to.

To live everyday, 
knowing it will not be easy,
To find the happiness.
That elusive happiness,
That even denies to be seen by me,
While I live, gathering the courage to possess it.

Tell me it is not greed,
Nor foolishness,
To not even know why and how I should be happy.

Tell me it is not just me,
That is searching for happiness
That was never possesed or lost,
Neither seen nor promised.

Is it that beautiful sky?
Or is it that tree under the same sky?
Or,
Should I look under the shadows?
Can I be happy if I stand under the rain?

The beautiful sunset that appears everyday,
The moon that disappears in the morning, 
The darkness that seems so warm, 
Will it be the secret that I wish to find?






No comments:

Post a Comment