Saturday 20 March 2021

The Moon and the Star

"Can we be together?", the moon asked the star.
"We are together!", said the star.
"Forever?", asked the moon, looking mesmerized at the dazzling light from the star.

"As long as you want", said the star shyly.
"As long as I am there, I love you", said the moon.

The star smiled at the moon and relished under the glory of the bright moon.

Days passed, and the moon faded every day until one fine day, it disappeared. 

The star looked at the dark sky at night, alone.
"I will always be here, waiting for you", said the star to the darkness.

Hope simmered with every dawn, but the star stayed, waiting for the moon.

One day, when the clouds were unusually darker, the star found the crescent moon.

"Does that forever still count?", Asked the star to the fragile moon.

"As long as you search for me, I will always appear, for I am always here", said the moon and smiled.

And while the night grew calm, they both shined their best.

No comments:

Post a Comment