Saturday 29 May 2021

Normal days

The sun has almost set,
Rooms are becoming dark and cool.
Roads are almost empty 
The sullen sounds seem unreal
I try to make myself nap
Amid the darkness.

Eyes close and try their best,
But the ears perk up everytime
An ambulance pass by,
Which was every minute.
I heave a sigh.

Those days,
The normal days.
Seem like a Mirage now!
I can feel the yearning for them.

The yearning to go to the beach,
And enjoy the sunrise and the waves.
To meet my friends after years,
And chat like nothing else matters. 
Watch a movie with parents,
And talk about it all day.

One day,
May be not very soon, 
But some day,
Will be the demarcation 
That takes us to the past 
And that day,
I will spend the entire day,
With just coffee and my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment