Tuesday 6 June 2023

Future

Future standing at the door
With welcoming hands. 
I stand before her
And look at the darkness 
That was her eyes.

Her cold hands touched mine,
Looking at the blank smile,
That was a gate to
The depth of her despairs,
I withdrew my hands.

I willingly walked this way.
Future was a breath of fresh air
In my dreams, with my eyes closed.
But, her stench was nauseating,
From the door she was standing at.

I entered through the grandeur door 
Just to be locked away forever.
With the Future standing so close,
Everything in my life looked bleak.
But the castle has strong doors
That will forever cage me,
And thick walls to bury my cries.

But, where do I lock those tears away,
The bestowed treasure killing my soul?
Do I let them flow and flood the cage?
Or send them as sacrifices,
To soften the fire?
Will those perpetual tears end?
Or will I keep collecting them,
Until I no longer need them
Because I am drowned in the flood.

No comments:

Post a Comment