Sunday 24 January 2016

Outing! Blog Marathon #3

Life can be real hard sometimes. That too, life of an intern is something beyond ordinary.
There are days when you don't feel like eating and just go to sleep. There are days when you don't have time to brush your teeth. And also sometimes, there are days when you have to go sleepless for days together. Not to mention the mental strain that sucks out the remaining little bit of energy.
But these are also the days, when you get to learn, if u really want to learn.
Now, leaving the serious part aside, I am going to talk about a wonderful and fantastic outing trip I had.
When you are an intern, it is tough finding time to go out, especially if your friends are in different batches.
So, it was very difficult organizing the schedule and after many promises of double the time work, some cajoling, we were ready to take our well planned trip.
Well planned always doesn't mean well executed. It was true for us too and we ended up starting an hour late than the planned one.
We reached the nearby city where our outing was supposed to take place. At first, we all decided to go for our breakfast.
I still could not decide whether I enjoyed our food or not. But I what I am so sure about is that I enjoyed the events that followed our food.
It is the era of selfies. And if you are a bog gang, taking selfie takes some time, since all people should fit in and look good too! But in each selfie, there is one person who will look a little serious than others and it will be the one taking it!
We had planned shopping from a well known shopping street until lunch.
But we ended up posing and pouting for hours together and finally when we looked at our watches, it was time for lunch.
With all the adrenaline pumping in out bodies, we rushed to the shopping place.
Being a weekend, the place was packed. We were new to it and we could hardly move together. So, we decided to split ways and we explored a lot of cloth shops, shoe shops.
When I entered the place, a few book shops fell on my eyes and for the life of me, I could not concentrate on the shoes that the shopkeeper were showing. My mind was fully on the racks of books.
So, I called my mini gang to the book shop. Since no one were interested, I decided to go on my own.
Before that, I have never ever shopped alone in my life. May be, except for online. But that is entirely different. You don't have an old man with a long beard and a Gandhi spectacles trying to sell you his wares.
I went to a book shop and got some second hand books for dirt cheap prices.
I went to other shops too and finally when I left the building with my friends, my shopping bags had only books. But, the most important thing was, I was happy having made the purchase.
It was nearly evening and we decided to skip our other plans and go to the beach.
It took almost an hour for us to reach the destination.
The sky was turning red. The sun was ready to sink itself into the ocean.
We played with the waves; bought food to eat, and finally, we sat together and enjoyed watching the sun set.
We had gone out together after nearly an year and though the upcoming end of this life was on everybody's mind, we decided not to think about it and concentrated on the scene before us and the friends beside us.
It was fantastic.
#Fantastico


This blog post is inspired by the blogging marathon hosted on IndiBlogger for the launch of the #Fantastico Zica from Tata Motors. You can apply for a test drive of the hatchback Zica today.

No comments:

Post a Comment